Sunday, February 3, 2013

Majestic - Day 3 status update!

Just in time for the Super Bowl this afternoon.

Total word count: 9,057

I'm pretty pleased with that number, for only three days worth of work. So far the story is very much in "introductory" mode. I do have a working title, which if you're playing along with our home game you'll notice is in the title of this post (as well as presented as an aside in the last post). Book one was called "Marvelous," so why can't the sequel be "Majestic"?

Finished up just around 3,000 words today. Which, surprisingly, is my average thus far. I'm trying not to get too excited - after all, I did get off to a strong start with my Camp NaNoWriMo novel before having to take a step back as life got in the way - but I have to say that I am very much on track for hitting my 60,000 word target for the month of February.

Of course I have classes that I still teach online, and a course I am designing that kicks off next week, so in 7 days my song may be a bit different. That being said, though, I think I can front-load enough of the book so that I am not killing myself come the end of the month. I want to be hale and hearty for vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment